Voter ID card is an identity card issued by the Election Commission of India to Indian citizens. It also acts as an identity proof or address proof for an Indian citizen. You must have a Voter ID card to cast your vote during the election.
This card is not only valid for voting, there are also many government schemes where it is required. According to the Election Commission of India, every citizen eligible to vote can have a Voter ID card.
Assembly elections are about to approach and if for some reason you are going to shift somewhere else then don’t forget to change your address on your voter ID card. It’s simple, and there are two ways to do it – offline and online. If you want to change your address offline, submit the application form to the election officer of your constituency along with your current address proof.
Here’s how to change the address in Voter ID card online:
- Login to the National Voters’ Service Portal www.nvsp.in
- If you have moved to any other constituency, you need to click on Form 6 under ‘Online Application for Registration of New Voter/ Transfer from AC to AC’.
- If you have moved from one residence to another within the same constituency, click on Form 8A.
- Here fill all the required details including your name, date of birth, state, constituency, current permanent address.
- Some details are optional like email address and mobile number. Fill them in too.
- Upload all supporting documents including photograph, address proof and age proof.
- Submit the form online along with all the uploaded documents.
- Now, fill the declaration option and enter the captcha…Read more>>