Election Commission rolled out the electronic version of the voters’ photo identity card on the occasion of the National Voters’ Day. Here’s all you need to know about digital Voter ID cards or e-EPIC (Elector Photo Identity Cards):
* The e-voter card is available in the PDF format which cannot be edited. It can be self-printed and laminated by the voter when required.
* The ID card can be stored on mobile phones and downloaded on personal computers. They can also be saved in facilities such as digital locker.
* Electors in poll-bound West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Assam, Kerala and Puducherry will be able to use the e-voter card on polling days. Elections are due in these states and the union territory in April-May.
* The digital card will eliminate the need for a voter to get a new card made each time there is a change in address on account of migration.
* The conventional ‘PV’ physical voter card would continue to be in use.
* The digital cards will eliminate the wait for delivery of the physical EPIC after it is approved.
* All new electors registered during special summary revision 2021 — those who applied during November-December 2020 — and whose mobile number provided while applying is unique, will get an SMS and may download e-EPIC between January 25 and 31, 2021.
* All other general electors will be able to download their e-EPIC from February 1, 2021, in case they have unique mobile number in the e-Roll. Alternatively, they will have to undergo (KYC) process before downloading the e-EPIC…Read more>>